Friday 12 August 2011

Rimmel Lash Accelerator



I thought I'd start my reviews with my favourite type of product- mascara.
I have tried so very many mascaras over the years, always searching for the perfect one, for me a mascara should provide length, believable volume, and most importantly a smooth application with no clumps.
In the past I have tended to go for the more expensive makes thinking they would be more likely to deliver, but then Rimmel brought out their Lash Accelerator mascara with 'Grow Lash Complex', this appealed to me as I like the thought that a mascara could actually help your lashes get longer, although to be honest I wasn't expecting too much as I have found Rimmel mascara to be clumpy in the past.
Well I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, I found the mascara to be a lovely texture, thin
enough that it applies smoothly with no clumps but thick enough to provide length and volume.
Here is a pic showing the mascara applied to one eye only-

uughh, what a horrible pic, I can see I'm going to have to perfect these a bit !!
But as you can see the difference is noticeable but quite natural as well.
I have been using this for a couple of months and I do have to say, I haven't really seen any change in the length or thickness of my lashes, so I can't really vouch for that side of Rimmel's claims, although others may have a better result.
The shade I used was Extreme Black, pictured below

Yes that photo is taken on our patio slabs !! I struggle to find a suitable plain background !!
Anyway, that's it for my first post, any suggestions to help me improve my posts, pictures or reviews would be much appreciated as I' am new to this .
Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment