Saturday 13 August 2011

Nail SOS !

So, in January I decided to try Acrylic Nails as I was having such problems with my nails peeling, it was to the extent that I had to keep them filed really short all the time and yet they would still peel, and I couldn't wear polish because it would chip within hours.
I was actually really pleased with the acrylics, my nails looked so smooth and polish would last until I was bored and decided to change it, but the one problem was the in-filling, my nails were growing so quickly that they only looked nice for a week or so until I got that gap and ridge at the bottom.
So last week I decided to have the acrylics removed, I was aware my nails probably wouldn't be
brilliant underneath but I really wasn't prepared for quite how bad they would be, they are extremely bendy and weak and very thin, its quite a shock after the strength of the acrylics !
These are the products I have decided to use to try and strengthen my nails -
The Leighton Denny Bio Build range.
Here is what the Leighton Denny site says about the range-
"Thin, soft nails like fine, fragile hair, tend to break, peel and split and are usually not strong enough to grow long. They need the nail equivalent of an athlete's high calorie supplement to build them up and improve their strength. BIO-BUILD draws on ingredients from nature and medical science to help reinforce and support the nail while caring for cuticles too."
The range consists of a serum, applied twice daily, a treatment shield that can be worn alone or as a base coat and a polish remover.
Here are my nails after using the range,
I applied the serum, allowed it to dry, and then applied 2 coats of the shield, as you can see the shield initially dries with quite a shine but after a while this softens to give a more matt but buffed look.
I really hope these products help my poor nails !, I'll try them for 6 weeks and then update you on the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment